All library Books are due back to Library June 1st.
2. Mr O’Donnel’s H&T group will meet @ lunch today in the music room. Please bring your Health cards
3. Grade 7 band rehearsal Thursday @ lunch bring your lunch to the music room Thursday
4. Mrs. Keizer’s H&T group meet in 202 today at lunch.
5. Tignish is taking part in this years National Health & Fitness day, on Saturday, June 2nd, with free activities for all ages. Please come and enjoy some active time with friends. More info on this in the office window.
6. 2D summer camp: Do you have a passion for video games? Now is a chance to create your very own.
There will be a camp @ the Holland college in alberton Aug 20-24 8:30-12:30.. More info on office window.
7. Any grade 9 boys interested in playing volleyball this fall @ westisle come see me in the office.
10. Girls MEC Team defeated Hernewood 20- 4 in last night’s softball game. Winning pitcher was Belle Ashley and top 3 hitters were Belle Ashley, Hilary Shea, Carlie McInnis. Way to go Girls!!!!
11. Madame Jenny is offering extra help for grade 9 science at lunch in her class.
12. Mrs. H. Doucette’s History & Travel Group meet in the Resource Room @ lunch bell.
2. Special Today in Cafeteria: Homemade Macaroni & Cheese served with Garlic Bread Stick.
3. H & S Tickets need to be returned by today: Remember: prize of $100 to top seller who has sold a miminum of 10 books
4. There are some students who still have school uniforms. Please pass those into Mr. Campbell ASAP.
M.E. Callaghan Intermediate – “Canada Summer Jobs” Student Tutor
Position Start Date: June 18, 2018
Duration of Position: 8 weeks
Hourly Rate: $12.90 per hour
Hours per week: 35 hours
Location: M.E. Callaghan Intermediate School
• Providing one on one tutoring in numeracy and literacy
• Developing lesson plans to meet individual student needs
• Communicating student progress with parents and/or school staff
Skills and Requirements:
• Ability to work independently
• A student interested in or currently pursuing post-secondary studies in Education
• Own transportation
Please drop off applications at the school office or send to:
Mary Lee Doucette
M.E. Callaghan Intermediate
41870 Western Road
RR #2, Elmsdale PE
Application Deadline: May 23, 2018
Due to the cancellation of school, the history and travel parent meeting will be held on Wednesday, April 18th at 6pm.. It is very important that all parents attend and bring the forms that were brought home to you.
Badminton zone doubles will be Wednesday and singles will be Thursday.
Cafeteria: Homemade Lasagna served with Caesar salad or garlic bread stick
1. Gr. 7 band will travel to SIS this Thursday. Please remember to pack a lunch! In support of the Humbolt Broncos, all band members will be wearing a hockey jersey at their uniform. Please bring a jersey on Thursday to wear. Students are to go to Homeroom first and they will be called down when the bus arrives.
2. Badminton practice after school today, tomorrow, Monday and Tuesday 3:15-5
1. Gr 8/9 early morning band tomorrow
2. Gr. 7 band will travel to SIS this Thursday. Please remember to pack a lunch!
Reminder: Grade 10 Course selection parents meeting tonight @ 6:30 pm in Library
Cafeteria: Spaghetti and Meatballs Served with Caesar Salad OR Garlic Bread Stick.
1. In the office there is be a Random Acts of Kindness jar. Anyone who see’s someone being compassionate/kind to another individual can go to the office and fill out a ballot. Both names will be entered in a draw to win a $25 gift card to Cineplex Theater.
Keep an eye out at lunch time for the Kindness Hippo. If you are the lucky one to find the Hippo and complete the random act of kindness, go see Kendra. You will also be entered in the draw to win the $25 gift card. The draw will take place at the end of the day today.
2. Badminton after school today until 5:00 pm.
3. 14 Youth Boys Volleyball practice and 16 Youth Volleyball practice tonight from